We’ve just found out that when our apps run on iPads, no icons are displayed. That’s bad!
The following apps were affected – and have been fixed in these versions:
- Columbo (v1.4)
- Bond Tracker (v1.6)
- Monk (v1.2)
- Sherlock Holmes (v1.4)
This bug only manifests since we’ve started developing with Xcode 5 which handles App Icons and Startup Screens a little bit different.
I’ve submitted the new versions today, they’ll be available from the App Store in the next few days.
Another mystery is solved!
We wanted to make sure that all our apps get the iOS 7 makeover before the year is out, and we’re well on track with that mission – because today Apple have approved the latest and greatest version of our Sherlock Holmes app yet:
- added Season 2 of CBS’s Elementary
- added air dates for Season 3 of BBC’s Sherlock
- added Young Sherlock Holmes novel “Knife Edge”
- brand new iOS 7 UI
- added 64bit support (on compatible devices)
- better user experience on 4 inch devices
- added “back” button to Wikipedia and IMDb views
Today we’ve submitted Version 1.2 of our Sherlock Holmes app for iOS. This update fixes a couple of things:
- fixed an link in the TV Section to “A Scandal in Bohemia”
- added the now known title to Series 3, Episode 3 of BBC’s Sherlock “His Last Vow”
- added support for iOS 7
- corrected two spelling mistakes in CBS’s Elementary
The update is now with Apple and we’re expecting it to be approved within a few days.
Today we’ve submitted a new update for Sherlock Holmes which includes the following features and additions:
- All New SEARCH FEATURE lets you quickly check titles across all books, short stories, TV shows and movies
- added 3 new episodes of SHERLOCK (BBC)
- added 12 new episodes of ELEMENTARY (CBS)
- items now grey out when you’ve ticked them
- removed some visual clutter from tables (less is more)
If all goes well the new version should be live this weekend.
When we first launched the app the third season of SHERLOCK (BBC) hadn’t been announced, so all those future episodes are now included. According to IMDb (and Mark Gatiss’ Twitter account) the episodes will air in November 2013. The title of the third episodes however hasn’t been announced yet.
As for ELEMENTARY (CBS) we were taken by surprise that the show was actually 24 episodes long! We had assumed that Christmas 2012 was the end of the first season – how wrong was that 😉 So we’ve added the remaining 12 episodes – which have already aired. Season 2 has been commissioned and we’ll keep the app updated as it starts this fall.
We hope you enjoy the improvements! If you have any news, questions or feedback as to what we should add to the app in the future, drop us a line – we’d love to hear your thoughts below.