Apple aren’t taking any time off this Christmas, and they’re releasing update after update!
Here’s what’s new in the latest release of our Episode Gudie for Columbo:
- brand new iOS 7 user interface
- added 64bit support (on compatible devices)
- improved user experience on 4 inch devices
- fixed a bug which did not show book covers when coming from search results
- fixed a bug which made search results look glaring white in iOS 7
- added a much nicer button to download those cover images
- added an option to hide web links to cover images (under Settings – Columbo)
Yesterday I’ve submitted what was supposed to be a quick fix for our Columbo Episode Guide, just to make sure that it’ll still work well under iOS 7.
Turns out I added a few additional goodies to the mix which I’m very happy to share with you:
- added magnificent Search Feature
- added direct link to Cover Images
And what’s even better is that Apple have been approving updates much quicker than in the past, with an average turnaround time of only 24 hours or less. This is fantastic news compared to an average of one week in the past.
Enjoy the update – available on the App Store now!
Today we’ve relased a small update for our Columbo app which addresses the following issues:
- fixed an issue that caused the app to crash on iPads running iOS 5.x
- added missing pilot episode
- fixed elusive double episode in season 6&7
Thanks to Drew for leaving a comment about the latter two issues on the App Store. Let us know if you find anything else 😉
In addition to those major issues we’ve made a few other improvements while the patient was under the knife:
- new springboard icon (it now says COLUMBO)
- removed “haven’t seen it” messages (less is more)
- added link to cover images at the bottom of the screen in Books and TV Shows
- moved trash can over to the left in preparation for search icon (coming soon)
- Americanized “Murder is a Parlor Game” (Mrs. Columbo)
And speaking of cover images, I’ve also just uploaded those to our Microsite (those are the ones we weren’t allowed to include in the app).
Looks like Apple have a heart after all: both MONK and COLUMBO are now available on the app store!
I have changed both app names after Apple’s rejection and recommendation and did not have to re-submit new code to them. Both apps went into “In Review” status this morning and have been approved earlier today. In a few hours from now they shall be available in the app store search.