The day has come on which our first ever iPad app is available on the App Store: with immediate effect, Bike Tour Diary is now a universal app – looking good on both iPhone and iPad.
It’s the same app of course, just with added goodness for the larger iPad screen real estate. Here are some screenshots from Version 1.1:
But we didn’t stop there: here’s a full list of all the new features in this new release:
- the app is now available for iPad (yey!)
- added backup/restore feature (restore requires full version)
- you can now share data with iTunes
- added an icon that indicates whether a Tour has Waypoints
- fixed a bug that would crash iOS 6 devices when removing waypoints beyond 0
- and it even works on iPad 1 (marvellous!)
A new microsite will tell you all you ever wanted to know about this project, including a full User Guide for all versions. Check it out here:
This little project has turned into quite a large one, and I can’t stop fiddling with it. Creating an iPad app wasn’t as easy as I had imagined – I’ll tell you all about it on my personal blog when I have the time.
Right now I’m working on the Mac Version of Bike Tour Diary so we can see our Tours on an even larger screen. I’m literally working on the finishing touches as we speak.
Other features for iOS are live tracking, DropBox integration and Tour sharing – all coming soon. If only the day had more hours!
Download Bike Tour Diary from the App Store today: