Our latest app has just been approved by Apple and is now available on the App Store: We call it BIKE TOUR DIARY.
It’s a simple utility app that lets you track how many miles (or kilometres) you’ve cycled. Give a new Bike Tour a title, add the distance, enter when it was – and if you like, draw the route on an integrated map to remember where you went.
Be amazed how many miles you clock up on that new bike, or this summer, or this year. Here’s what it looks like:
Version 1.0 contains the following features:
- iCloud integration keeps your journeys in sync on all your devices (can be switched off under Settings and use local storage instead – only available on iOS 7 and above)
- add a new journey from the home screen
- add a title and mileage for your journey
- add route points on a map to remember where you went
- check out how far your travelled in total (under Stats)
- choose to display journeys in miles or kilometres
FUTURE FEATURES I’M WORKING ON
I really got into it once I started writing the app – and over the last week I’ve added some more exciting features. These are still under development, but coming very soon at an App Store near you:
- iPad interface: a challenge to make it right and relevant, but it’s nearly finished
- Backup and Restore feature: export tours to iTunes connect and DropBox, then import them on devices that can’t use the iCloud feature
- Live Tracking: let the app draw the route for you and even tell you how far you went
I’ve got all features working but they’re not quite ready for prime time yet. You’ll be the first to know – watch this space!
Here’s a sneak peek of the iPad interface:
Bike Tour Diary is free to download so you can see how it all works and test drive it, but there is a full version that you can unlock as an in-app purchase.
The free version lets you add up to 5 Bike Tours only and will not allow access to some of the other features I’m currently working on. You will be prompted automatically to buy the full version at relevant points in the user interface. For example, when you add more than 5 tours. You can also restore your purchase on another device from the same dialogue.
Bike Tour Diary was inspired by buying a new bike, and I wanted a simple way to track my mileage. I’ve written more about the development process on my personal website in case you’re interested.
Download Bike Tour Diary from the App Store today: