There’s a brand new app in town that reminds you to take a picture once every day. We call it Daily Pictures.
Not only is it free, it’s also released as Open Source Software under the GPL License.
- receive a notification every day to take a picture
- save the picture right inside the app (you can delete it from your Camera Roll)
- share pictures from the app, or save it back to Camera Roll
- add a title or note to each picture
- keep track of interesting statistics (how many pictures you’ve taken, how many are left to take this year, how much space you’re using)
- works on iOS 5 and iOS 6 (and iOS 7 of course)
I’ve written this app as a birthday present for my wife Julia: she wanted to keep track of local weather changes for an entire year. I thought it would be an interesting challenge to write an app to help her with this venture.
Daily Pictures is currently not available on the App Store, but we’re in the process of submitting it. You’re welcome to explore the source code on GitHub, fork it and even submit pull requests if you have suggestions on how to improve it.
Thanks to GitHub, we even have a Microsite for the project here.